Home made masala grinding places in Singapore
It may come in as a surprise for some that Masala Grinding services are available in Singapore.
Some may prefer mixing custom proportions or their own recipe for masala items. You can get the masala ground with your own ingredients.
- Selvi’s Mill(s) – located at 63 Quality Road
Some tips to get your masala ground
- Gather the ingredients: Collect all the whole spices required to make the masala according to your recipe
- Roast the spices: Dry roast the whole spices in a pan over medium heat until they turn fragrant and slightly browned. Be careful not to burn them.
- Cool the spices: Remove the spices from the pan and allow them to cool down completely. This will make them easier to grind.
- Grind the spices: Get the ingredients ground at mill (Please make sure to call the mill to check for opening hours)
- Store the masala: Transfer the ground masala to an airtight container and store it in a cool, dry place. It can be used as required in different Indian dishes.
Note: It’s important that the grinder hasn’t had a different masala ground just before to prevent contamination of the masala. It’s also important to grind the spices well to ensure a smooth and consistent texture of the masala. Please talk to the person at the mill to make sure you get the best result of your ground masala.